AU Optronics Corp. ("AUO" or the "Company") (TAIEX: 2409; NYSE: AUO) today announced its preliminary consolidated and unconsolidated November 2008 revenue of NT$17,754 million and NT$17,624 million, respectively. Caused by the continuing weakness in global economic conditions, the revenue has declined 34.9% and 35.2% sequentially, and dropped 66.8% and 67.0% year-over-year respectively.
For November 2008, shipments of large-sized panels(a) with applications on desktop monitor, notebook PC, LCD TV and other applications totaled over 4.5 million units, which led to a 29.2% decline month-over-month. In addition, due to seasonal demand, the shipments of small-and-medium-sized panels presented a 34.5 % sequential decline to 14.85 million units.
Based on the current available information and market conditions, previous guidance given on October 23, 2008 is not applicable. The revised AUO’s Q4 2008 business outlook updates are:
- Large-sized panel shipments decline high-20% QoQ, with blended ASP down around mid-20% QoQ,
- Small-and-medium-sized panel shipments decline about 25% QoQ,
- Fabs overall loading rate expect to be around 60%.
(a)Large size refers to panels that are 10 inches and above in diagonal measurement while small and medium size refers to those below 10 inches
Sales Report :(Unit: NT$ million)
|Net Sales(1) (2)||Consolidated(3)||Unconsolidated|
|Jan to Nov 2008||409,193||407,273|
|Jan to Nov 2007||431,247||430,899|
(2) Monthly figures are unaudited, prepared by AU Optronics Corp.
(3) Consolidated numbers include AU Optronics Corp., AU Optronics (L) Corporation, AU Optronics (Suzhou) Corporation, AU Optronics (Shanghai) Corporation, Tech - Well (Shanghai) Display Co., AU Optronics (Xiamen) Corp., Darwin Precisions (L) Corp., Toppan CFI (Taiwan) Co, Ltd. and AU Optronics (Czech) s.r.o.