Super 3D - Glasses Free 3D Display
Images for right and left eyes are displayed respectively by barrier. The images perceived by the right and left eyes are then combined to form 3D images. The switching of 2D/3D modes can be achieved by using LC barrier, so that 3D images can be perceived in 3D mode while 2D images can be perceived in 2D mode. AUO has developed spatial-multiplexed LC barrier 3D technologies with its special barrier cell design and highly reliable manufacturing process.
Features of Barrier 3D Display
- Glasses-free 3D technology
- Ready for mass production
- 2-view design
- 2D/3D switchable
- Portrait / landscape switchable
- Low 3D crosstalk
Advantages of AUO Barrier 3D Display
AUO offers satisfactory 3D performance in both portrait / landscape modes without any color aberration. High accuracy laminating technologies are also applied to ensure a highly reliable production.
Lenticular lens 3D technology features specially designed lens that alter the directions of the light through precise calculation. Lenticular lens can achieve high brightness and wider 3D viewing range. AUO has developed its own fixed lens design with highly reliable manufacturing process to ensure better 3D image quality.
Features of Fixed Lens
- High brightness and multi-view design
- Moiré-free with optimal image quality
- Low power consumption
Face-Tracking and Switch-Cell Design
Switchable lens 3D with face tracking is an AUO patented technique to enable panel showing 2D and 3D images. In addition to switching between 2D and 3D modes, it can also show 2D and 3D images on the same screen. The lens is particularly designed to reach Moiré-free. While conventional lenticular lens 3D panel allows viewer to perceive optimum 3D images only at a certain position, AUO’s face-tracking technology detects the viewer’s face position and adjusts accordingly to deliver the optimal 3D images. Therefore, the viewer will be free to move without being troubled by dead-zones.
Features of Face-Tracking and Switch-Cell Design
- Switchable lens to achieve glasses-free 3D
- Both 2D and 3D images can be viewed on the same display, without the 3D resolution being compromised
- 2D/3D switchable and mixed mode with vivid 2D Full HD and 3D HD images
- Face-tracking system to provide optimal 3D performance
- Dead-zone free
- Dual camera for 3D capture & depth estimation
- Moiré free
- Comfortable brightness with low power consumption